These are instructions for reception to either create or edit a meeting(class) in an instructors group. Scenario where this may be required is problems with class thats already been created, such as an invalid code, or if there has been human error.
The lead person(s) assigned to creating and managing the zoom class setups can also use this guide.
Below are the settings for setup. I’m assuming the colleague is logged in with firstname.lastname@example.org and starting at the kippie.life dashboard.
- Open the Kippie menu on the left hand side
- Click on Groups
- Go to the group that the Live Zoom Class is in (i.e. Studio1, Studio2, Studio3, Gym Studio, Physio Pilates etc)
- Go to the ZOOM tab
- Click on the “Create New” link
- Fill in the Settings on the right hand side using the table below (if you are on mobile it wont be on the left you just need to scroll down)
Below are the Setup settings
|Meeting Title||Class with Instructor||- Replace with class i.e - HIIT with Gemma |
- Note the format = “with”
|Passcode||KLife||- Add/change password to KLife|
|When||Date + Time||- Required Date|
- Required Time
- Make sure you state AM or PM
|Duration||Time Duration + 15mins||- Set the Duration to that of the class + 15minutes|
|Recurring Meetings||- Recurrence: Weekly|
- Repeat Every: 1 Day
- End Date: After = 20 Occurrences
|- This is specifically for some one creating a new class on the schedule|
- Do Not fill this in if its an emergency class creation
|Video||- Host: off|
- Participants: off
|- These should both be off when entering zoom|
- Grey and set to the left means it’s off
|Meeting Options||- Require Registration: No|
- Enable join before host: Yes
- Mute participants upon entry: Yes
- Enable waiting room: No
- Only authenticated users can join: No
- Record the meeting automatically: Yes
|- These should be the exact settings for classes unless a specialised setting is required. |
- Please do not enable “Waiting Room”. This is for a technical reason
|Host||Default for the group (i.e Studio 1)||- This is default for the studio you are currently in|
- When editing it displays as “Kippie Lodge”. This is normal and nothing to worry about.
- It should NOT display “Kippie Lodge” in initial creation of the class. If it does not display the studio you are in when creating the class let Colin or a manager know.
|Alternative Hostsemail@example.com||- This should be the alternative host|
- You will mot likely have to change it to this
- It cannot be any other email
- Press “Create Meeting”
see “Posting a Zoom URL & Codes” for how to post codes to an instructors group feed.
Click below to go to…