Fit with Gemma
Regular physical activity is fun and healthy, and being active is very safe for most people. However, some people should check with their doctor before they start becoming much more physically active. Please ask yourself the seven questions below, BEFORE you take part in a fitness class.
Common sense is your best guide when you answer these questions.
1. Has your doctor ever said that you have a heart condition and that you should only do physical activity recommended by a doctor?
2. Do you feel pain in your chest when you do physical activity?
3. In the past month, have you had chest pain when you were not doing physical activity?
4. Do you lose your balance because of dizziness or do you ever lose consciousness?
5. Do you have a bone or joint problem (for example, back, knee or hip) that could be made worse by a change in your physical activity?
6. Is your doctor currently prescribing drugs (for example, water pills) for your blood pressure or heart condition?
7. Do you know of any other reason why you should not do physical activity?
If you answered YES to one or more questions, please seek advice from your doctor, BEFORE participating in the classes.
Gemma Slater / Fit with Gemma, shall not be liable for any damages arising from personal injuries sustained by a participant undertaking a virtual fitness class. Participants take part in virtual fitness classes at their own risk.
Please be aware of your environment and assess the space for risk, PRIOR to starting the class.